From Science to Management
- Member of the Manitoba Regional Working Group – for the Canadian Boreal Forest Agreement.
- Ongoing participation to the Rainforest Solutions Project development of a sustainable Ecosystem-Based Management solution for the Great Bear Rainforest.
- British Columbia wide assessment of conservation threats and opportunities – for Tides Canada Foundation.
- Co-author of “how much is enough?” a review of the science relating to setting conversation targets (in press).
- Member of the Coast Information Team that developed a “Management Approach for Ecosystem-Based Management for Coastal BC”.
- Co-author of a “Science compendium for ecosystem-based management (Coast Information Team).
- Project leader for an assessment of major “Threats to Biodiversity, and Conservation Gaps” – intended to support the original BC Biodiversity Strategy (MoE).
- Development of a series of environmental policies for the Ktunaxa First Nation. Relates to forestry, mining, coal-bed methane and hydro developments.
- Development of a strategic approach to ecosystem-based management: North Coast LRMP (MSRM; MWLAP; MoF).
- Effectiveness monitoring at stand and landscape levels. An opportunities assessment in relation to results-based management (MOF).
- Approach for a Conservation strategy for the Coastal Douglas Fir ecosystem (MSRM).
- Discussion of Functional Key and other Special Elements of Biodiversity in BC (MoE; MoF; MSRM).