Old and Ancient Forest Assessments
See related Publications & Reports
- Provincial Assessment of the State of Old Growth Forests to provide baseline information to support revision of current policy.
- A prioritisation approach for re-assessment of OGMAs. Kootenay Region. Produced for the Selkirk Forest Region, BC Govt.
- Old Forest Condition and Function Analysis – North East of BC. Produced for the NE Regional Strategic Environmental Assessment.
- Development of a series of old-growth indices (13 different reports) for a range of ecosystems, primarily in the East and West Kootenays (ICHmw2 / ESSFdk / ICHwk / ICHdm). (MoF).
- Endangered Forest Assessments for part of the Inland Temperate Rainforest (ForestEthics)
- Assessments and conservation opportunities for old forest protection in the inland temperate rainforest (Columbia Basin Fish and Wildlife Compensation).
- Development and application of an aerial approach to assessing old-growth in order to implement provincial policies (MoF, MoE).
- Old forest assessment for the Coastal Douglas Fir ecosystem. (MoF)